F. J. DeLaine Elementary School developed jointly with parents of the students participating in activities, services, and program agree that this compact outlines how the parents, and entire school staff and the students will share the responsibility for improving student academic achievement. By doing this it allows the parents to play a vital role in their child’s education and achieving high standard. This compact will be reviewed and revised annually by the parents, teachers, and principals of F. J. DeLaine Elementary School.
F. J. DeLaine Elementary School will:
- Provide highly qualify teachers and a safe school environment.
- Provide highly quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective manner to help our students achieve their goal.
- Provide opportunities for parent – teacher conference quarterly or as needed throughout the school year, observation, and volunteering opportunities within the school.
- Provide an open line of communication between the home and the school by way, of phone calls, emails, or news letter, local news media.
- Provide reasonable access to staff.
As a teacher I will:
- Provide parents with weekly or frequent reports on their child’s academic progress report.
- Provide parent with parent teacher – conference to inform parents of their child progress.
- Provide instruction with an interesting and challenging curriculum that promotes student achievement and motivates students to learn.
- Set high expectation for learning and academic achievement.
As a parent I will support my children’s learning in the following way:
- Ensure that my child attends school every day on time, and gets an adequate amount of sleep.
- Provide a quiet time and place for homework.
- Read with my child daily and praise my child daily.
- Monitor my child progress. Attend parent – teacher conferences.
- Attend school events and become members of organization and committees.
As a student I will:
- Come to school prepare to learn and with a positive attitude.
- Be responsible for my actions and behavior each day.
- Bring necessary materials to school, complete all class assignments and homework.
- Use my time wisely by studying or reading a book.
- Give all notices and information to my parents or the adult who is responsible for my welfare.